Monday, February 11, 2013

REBLOG: individuated possibles and the impossibility of eternal objects



Leon discusses individuation, another popular topic here, but goes far into contemporary continental, where I cannot follow. One thing that I like about his recent posts is that he's displaying a mirroring of ideas in Americanist and Continental thought. Also, he's venturing into religious naturalism, and I'd like to hear more about the religious accounts of genesis. Finally, I think he's right that any "powers ontology" must talk about the creative ground of real possibility, which comes back to the "God question" that has elicited so much controversy in the local blogosphere.

Personally, I am always very surprised at the militancy of some atheists, especially when they focus on the "freedom from religion" at the expense of the development of human persons.

No comments:

Post a Comment